Electric storage Hot Water System Adelaide - Is It The Best For You?
When looking at installing a new hot water system, the first decision you will need to make is the heating method – electricity, gas, solar or heat pump? An electrically heated hot water system is comparatively cheaper to buy and install but is usually the most expensive to run. Two common hot water systems operating on electricity are instantaneous and storage tank systems.
- Storage electric hot water system works similarly to gas storage systems. Cold water is piped into the tank where it is heated, then it rises to the top and is drawn when the hot tap is turned on.
- In electric hot water models, the heating occurs inside the tank, warming water from the inside.
- One or two elements in the tank get the work done.
- There is no need for a flue as the heating occurs in the tank.
A thermostat is used to control and maintain the temperature of heated water.
- On the other hand, a continuous electric hot water system operates by heating the water on demand.
- Rather than heating and storing water, when hot water is needed, cold water is passed through an electric heat exchanger which instantly heats the water and gets delivered through the tap.
- These units can be installed indoors or outdoors depending on the size.
Another use of electric element heating in solar hot water systems:
Solar Electric Boosted
- This system utilises best of the both – solar heating system boosted by electric element heating
- The main source of energy comes form from the sun
- Reduced electricity bills as solar energy powers the hot water system
- Government incentive may be available to help reduce the initial cost of installation
when required on less efficient days in winters or overcast days
- Solar panels must be installed in a direction best suited for maximum heating efficiency
We can help with repairs, replacements or new installations for all your electric hot water needs in Adelaide and are here to answer any questions you may have.
How do I determine which water heater to buy?
Your decision to buy an efficient and long-lasting hot water system should depend on how many people live in your home, how much hot water you use, and when you use it. A small-capacity storage hot water heater will continually run out of hot water, while too large hot water system will be more expensive to run because it will consume energy to maintain hot water even when it is not being used. It is important to select the right hot water system for your needs and budget. Anytime Plumbing Adelaide will guide you on reliable and trusted models available in the market and help you choose the right-sized system for your household.
We are Adelaide Emergency Hot Water experts - Call John 0499 913 174
If you have an emergency hot water situation, we’re here to help. Is your electric, solar, gas or heat pump hot water system not working? Do not stress and give Anytime Plumbing Adelaide a call to repair, service or install a new one for you.
Whether you require repairs to your any make or model of hot water system or would like to discuss a replacement, simply contact the professionals at Anytime Plumbing Adelaide for hassle-free service.
We have qualified plumbers and gasfitters who specialise in gas, electric, heat pump and solar hot water systems and are available anytime day or night 24/7 to restore your peace of mind and hot water. We offer affordable same-day hot water service so you and your family are never left without hot water.