A toilet is made to last and is ubiquitous to every household, office, business or commercial establishment. However, there will eventually come a time when you run into problems and need repair or maintenance to keep the toilet running perfectly. As we all know, toilet repairs Adelaide probably aren’t on anyone’s list of favourite things to do. After all, the toilet is the most ignored component of your bathroom, but it’s certainly something you can’t do without. That’s why we recommend it is good to know both an emergency plumber Adelaide as well as some simple DIY toilet repairs that you can use when needed. With a little bit of help and expert advice, you can address more commonly occurring problems such as unclogging a blocked toilet, fixing a running toilet, repairing a flush handle and adjusting a toilet seat. Let’s start with repairs and get you ready with some information.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED: Some Guidelines for DIY Toilet Repairs
- Turn off the water supply to the toilet.
- A hose attached to the base of the toilet will need to be disconnected.
- Turn the knob clockwise on the hose attached to the base of the toilet to turn off the water supply.
- Carefully remove the tank lid and place it carefully. Do not damage or break the lid.
- While repairing do not enthusiastically overtighten nuts, bolts or other connectors as that can crack the toilet or damage the connectors.
- Make sure you have the correct tools to get the repair job done.
- Make sure you have the correct repair parts for your toilet repair job.
WHEN TO REPAIR AND HOW
When Your Toilet Is Running
A running toilet is when water from the tank is continuously running into the bowl.
This can become extremely annoying both because it is inconvenient, wastes gallons of water over time, adds to your water bill and also constantly makes the bothersome noise.
How to Fix a Running Toilet
- Let’s try and figure out the reasons why the toilet could be running.
- Test the flapper by pushing down on it until the water stops running.
- If water stops tricking, this means your flapper is faulty and not sealing correctly. In this situation it should be replaced.
- Try jiggling the toilet handle. This can sometimes give a slight tug to the flapper to pull it into the correct placement.
- Check the chain and adjust the chain if necessary, to make sure there is enough slack for the flapper to close properly.
- Adjust the toilet float mechanism.
The Toilet is Clogged
This can be a very gross situation for anyone to handle and can be caused for various reasons. Well, it could be a small repair and sometimes a very big emergency repair situation.
How to Unclog Your Toilet
- Plunging is the best way you can unclog a toilet. Start gently and keep at it.
- When the clog is finally released, the water will drain easily making the flushing sound.
- Flush again and the water should drain easily. Success!
- If you have frequent or more stubborn toilet clogs, contact a licensed Adelaide toilet plumber.
WE CAN HELP WITH ALL TOILET REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS
When in doubt, get the help of a reliable and trusted plumbing professional. At the end of the day, if you have a problem and you aren’t sure how to DIY or don’t want to get your hands dirty, we’re here to help. Anytime Plumbing Adelaide toilet repair professionals are highly-qualified and will walk you through the process of repairing or replacing your toilet so that you can be confident that you’re in good hands. Contact the experts at Anytime Plumbing Adelaide today if you have any questions about your toilet repair and replacement.